Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: double din installation problems: knob on back of OEM does not exist on new stereo

Get QR Code
http://gmtnation.com/showthread.php?t=6171

Currently Offline
    2,588 Posts Since May 2012
    Kitchener Ontario
    2006 GMC Envoy
    Denali 5.3L V8 4X4
    Liquid Silver Metallic
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana7711 View Post
    DVDs work just fine :) watched one on the drive from MI to NC haha.

One other problem i have that i forgot about too, My back right speaker is not putting out any sound. I am not sure if it was like this before the install or not though. I double checked the wiring and connections, even took off that door panel to look at the speaker. couldnt find anything wrong. i would be surprised if i blew a speaker, but even then it would still produce noise right?
    What to do next?
    I helped my friend change out stock speakers on his Sierra last weekend. Before we installed the speakers we attached a basic test light to the speaker terminals and turned up the volume and watched the light come on to make sure it was getting power. I guess a multi meter would work as well.
    blazinlow89 likes this.
    To snowmobile or not to snowmobile? Now that is a really stupid question!

Currently Online
    1,860 Posts Since Jan 2012
    Southern Maryland
    2004 Chevy TrailBlazer
    LS 4.2L I6 4X4
    Indigo Blue Metallic
    Was it an LED test light, or one with a standard bulb, and did the intensity increase with volume? We could make a light intensity wattage meter, and use samples images to match the wattage. Sort of like the NAVY/MARINES hydraulic contamination patch test.

Long story short, you run hydraulic fluid through a sort of rice paper and you match the color when finished with a book. Mine never match any of the pictures. I prefer the laser unit more.

Ok sorry for going OT.

The bypass procedure depends on the manufacturer. Every HU I have owned just needed to be grounded. My fiancee's needed to have a cycle done. Installed a swtich which bridged the brake wire to a ground, flip it on, off, on, off, on and the dvd will play. Being as it is illegal to have a screen within driver view it works well if we get pulled over to flip it off (have not had to yet).

Shana the HU looks awesome.

Currently Offline
    130 Posts Since Oct 2012
    Illinois
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer
    LTZ 4.2L I6 4X4
    Indigo Blue Metallic
    I just finished my DVD HU install today. A little off topic, possibly, but this is how I tackled the parking brake. I could not find a SPDT relay anywhere, so I used a switch instead. It works like a charm! If you want the DVD to play, just push the button.

P1050086.jpg
    infamouz and dockers like this.

Currently Offline
    2,588 Posts Since May 2012
    Kitchener Ontario
    2006 GMC Envoy
    Denali 5.3L V8 4X4
    Liquid Silver Metallic
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinlow89 View Post
    Was it an LED test light, or one with a standard bulb, and did the intensity increase with volume?
    This is what I have, a regular bulb. I've had it for a long time. And yes the intensity increases with the volume and flashes to the beat of the music. lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    blazinlow89 likes this.
    To snowmobile or not to snowmobile? Now that is a really stupid question!

Currently Offline
    49 Posts Since Apr 2013
    Regina,SK,Canada
    2004 GMC Envoy
    SLT 4.2L I6 4X4
    Dark Gray Metallic
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana7711 View Post
    Well, Everything has been installed and working :), with a few minor problems...Mostly just that my steering wheel controls are not responding 100% of the time, at least not all of em. The one i have the biggest problem with is the volume, it works about 10% of the time, volume down works more often than up. sometimes if i push harder it helps. This doesnt make any sense to me because there is only one wire that goes to the steering wheel Other buttons seem to work every time. My only advice so far is to take the unit out and reconfigure the SWI-RC, which is a pain so i have not gotten around to it yet lol.
    :)
    Not sure if this is resolved, but I have just recently installed a pioneer hu in my envoy, and I have had issues with the swi-ps, due to different voltages in truck setting it off! Anyways I finally came across a fix for the erratic behaviour from the swi-ps module! So yea all you do is add a .47 mfd capicitor between the green wire and chassis ground! The long end of capicitor(positive) goes to green wire and short end (negative) to ground! Reprogram with truck running and the problems will disappear!! This should work on any PAC SWI!! Try it out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12